Monday, October 27, 2014

Shopping in Leeds

Fiasco yesterday.  It seemed to have an odd balance.  I was struck by the sheer number of trade stands which seemed to out number the games considerably.  In fact, grabbing a quick look at the leaflet, it appears to have been 40 traders to 27 games .  That 27 surprises me as there didn't seem that many, perhaps because so many of them were "promotional" games linked to trade stands.

The star game for me was the 6mm Battle of Nashville by the Legion of Blokes (who've starred at Triples in the past under various names).  As always, I'm impressed by the diorama-like effect of their basing.






Also impressing was the Battle of Harran, 1104AD, by the ever-reliable Ilkley Lads.




Other than those two, nothing really caught my eye and the majority of my time was spent chatting with the Grimsby lads about next year's CW6 game, and buying stuff.

I picked up some super glue, paints, and self-adhesive steel paper, but the stuff that is likely to appear here eventually included some more dismounted Dragoons from Baccus, some (large) 20mm Chechen heavy weapons teams for Andreivia, and some Cybermats to boost my Cybermen Pulp Alley league.

3 comments:

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

The best game there was Nashville. That's what a wargame ought to look like. And it wasn't sponsored.

Agree with you about the preponderance of traders to games but I don't think that's the fault of the organisers.

If FIASCO seems to be getting stale step up to mark and put a game on. Don't just come and make a couple of purchases, becuase at the end of the day the make up of the show represents you, the attendees.

Counterpane said...

Fair enough, Wingco. I think the plan is to put on a game at Joy of Six next year if you'll have us. Just let me know when you're ready to accept proposals.

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

We're still waiting for John Skot to come up a venue...