Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tiny Poles

With Triples approaching I thought I ought to make some progress on the Baccus 6mm Poles I bought there last year.

First up is a couple of generals.


The chap on the left is King Jan III Sobieski, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania from 1674 to 1696.  He defeated the turks at Vienna in 1683.  Jan himself is a conversion from a Cossack based on a picture in one of the Osprey books on the Polish army.  His banner bearer is from the Pancerni and a Drabant marches past behind (repainted Russian strelets).  All of the figures from Baccus.

The other base is a generic leader.  He'll be a "notable" if I end up using these guys to play Maurice.  He's an ECW general and is again accompanied by a figure from the pancerni set.  Again, both Baccus.

And then we have a unit of Pancerni:


They are straight out of the Baccus Polish army pack.  They, and the generals are just in need of static grass applying to their basis, which I'll do when I've restocked at Triples.


You'll note that I'm now basing on 30mm squares to fit with the Maurice rules.  My previous units for this period are on 60x30mm bases.  I can use two of these to make one 60mm base if I go back to that standard but I also plan to make some more 30mm scale squares to extend the existing units to Maurice size.

2 comments: