Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Ronin

Fresh off the workbench is my first warband for the fantasy skirmish system Song of Blades and Heroes.


The figures from the collection of Alan Slater from whom I inherited them recently.  Alan's decided he no longer wants the stuff I've been storing for him since he went to Japan about twenty years ago!  Alan did all the painting; I just based then to a consistent standard.  As usual, click to enlarge.


In SoBH terms the unit has a Ronin leader, which given that Ronin are "masterless warriors" may be a contradiction in terms, with a Quality of 3 and a combat value of 4 and the special abilities "Fearless" and "Leader".  There's also a Ninja (Q=3, Cbt=3, "Stealth" and "Shooter - short range"), and five Ronin (Q=3, Cbt=3, "Fearless"). 

I get to try out the rules next weekend at Tom Zunder's and may decide to change some of the scores after that. 

No comments: